I'm sick and tired of Israeli murder, aggression, and terrorism against the Palestinians. How much destruction do the weak and oppressed have to endure? How many murders do we have to be asked to justify? How many dishonest arguments do we have to tolerate from our Zionist-controlled media?
Here are the facts:
- In January 2006, Hamas won a clear majority in the Palestinian election. It was a fair, democratic election.
- Israel immediately imposes a strict economic blockade on the Gaza strip for the simple reason that it is being governed by Hamas. This forces the Palestinian people further into desperation and further fuels anti-Israeli sentiment. This blockade has not let up, to this day.
- The two parties had agreed to a cease-fire in June of 2008 (even while Israel was secretly planning this current attack and invasion). The economic blockade continued...shutting off food and fuel supplies to Gaza.
- Israel did not respect the cease-fire. For example, on November 4th, 2008, Israeli troops raided the Gaza strip and killed 6.
- Throughout all of this, only 9 Israelis were killed by rockets fired from Gaza.
- Israel is currently bombing Gaza and is conducting a ground invasion, killing hundreds, with no end in sight.
It is clear that Israel has actively undermined any attempt the Palestinians have made to establish their own government and own self-defense. This isn't about those ineffective rockets which had only managed to kill 9 Israelis. There certainly would have been more effective ways to mitigate this problem.
Israel is actively trying to keep the Palestinians weak and helpless. Israelis have wronged Palestinians to such an extent over the years that they probably have good reason to fear the possibility that Palestinians might ever be able to defend themselves. Of course the other motivation behind Israel's policy might also be to weaken and starve the Palestinian people to the extent that they are eventually forced to flea...perhaps to Egypt. Israel's likely goal is ultimately to control and settle the territory, so this might be a way to clear the territory.
They can continue to line up Israeli spokespeople on all of the news channels every day to argue their position. They can stack all of the news shows with Zionists (I happened to notice, after doing some independent research, that 5 of the 7 people who appeared on January 4th's Meet The Press are Jewish and the 2 others are married to Jewish spouses). But they can never convince fair-minded, intelligent people around the world that justice is on the side of the Israelis. It is quite clear who is the oppressor and who is the victim. The Palestinian's weak and ineffective resistance is quite like a rape victim helplessly kicking and screaming. I am insulted when I'm asked to justify the rape for the simple reason that the victim is trying to fight back.
I am not an anti-Semite. I have several Jewish friends (though probably fewer after this post). It is the violent, destructive, and immoral behavior which I am against, not the race or nationality of the people behind the behavior. It is quite simply the idea that this type of action is acceptable which I am against.
It should also be said that what the US has done to Iraq is absolutely no different. In fact, the US invasion of Iraq was far worse. Iraq had never harmed an American and posed absolutely no threat to the United States. This was very well-known in 2002 to anyone paying attention, and yet the invasion and occupation of Iraq moved forward (on a much larger scale than the current Israeli aggression).
Maybe we should just accept that "might makes right". We can all just agree that powerful nations can do whatever they decide to. In that case, can we at least drop the moral arguments, the lies, and the spin? But if we're being asked to keep justifying these horrific acts with moral arguments...well then this is mine.